I was then given three options:
- Return to WOU and go to Morelia another term.
- Scramble and join the Argentina program leaving in just over a week.
- Hope to join with another program offering study abroad in Mexico.
Immediately Argentina jumped out at me because I had initially wanted to go there but Mexico was a more realistic endeavor. After much prayer, confusion and frantic planning I made my decision official. On August 31st, a week from today, I will be boarding a plane and flying to Houston, TX. There I will hop on a 12 hour overnight flight taking me to Buenos Aires. After that, it'll be a four hour bus ride to my final destination of Rosario, Argentina.
In Rosario I'm hoping to take courses on Human Rights in Argentina & Latin America, and Che Guevara along with my Spanish classes. I don't know my housing information as of now but I'll be sure to post it when I do.
While I still plan on continuing to go to Mexico and to one day make it to Morelia, now is not the time for me. Also, please keep this whole trip, as well as the unrest in Mexico in your prayers. I'm going to Rosario on a leap of faith - only God can make this happen.

You still are AMAZING my friend! I am very excited for you. There is bound to be some crazy, exciting things in store for you down there.
ReplyDeleteYour Lonely Planet and World Fact Book links don't work. Just a heads up. I know why. It is because there is an extra "http//" in the link. I just thought you might like to know so you can fix it.
ReplyDeleteAlso, I stole some of your links for mine. Thanks! ha
For serious? Thanks for the heads up pal!
ReplyDeleteI tried to steal yours but they're all European.. Argentina is a country too!
YOU LEAVE TOMORROW.
ReplyDeleteWow. I can't really believe you are leaving, and rather than going down a few states away to Mexico you're now going a few countries away. I cannot wait to hear the stories and life experiences you get while you're away. Can we make a pact to talk once a week on iChat? Really though?
Wendy, you're amazing and will make this adventure one you will never forget, but while you make those memories - make sure to leave a little space in there to remember me!
RAWR.