Thursday, August 20

Seventeen Days?

I leave for Mexico in just over two weeks. Insane! I've created this fancy little blog in hopes of keeping you all updated as to what's going on in my life and reassure you that I am still alive, and H1N1 free.

For those of you who don't know, I will be studying in Morelia, Mexico during Fall term. In theory this means I'll be gone from September 5th thru December 6th. Morelia is a colonial city about half way between Guadalajara and Mexico City. While there, I'll be studying at the Universidad Latina de America [UNLA] and will be taking Spanish courses as well as a class on Latin Americans & Chicanos in the United States.

Also, a few house-keeping details. I'm trying to make this as straight forward as possible so hopefully you won't have any trouble commenting on these posts or contacting me while I'm abroad. On the sidebar to the right I've posted a few links for you to check out. Some of them are blogs of my roommates who are causing chaos in Europe and others are links to more information about Morelia - I know you're dying to know! I also put up some neat quotes, because I can.

This blog will be my main form of communication with all you United States kids but I'll also have email and my one true love... snail mail!

I can't wait to share this adventure with all of you. I am so grateful for all your loving prayers and support!

1 comment:

  1. WOOT! Blogs. So fun. I am very excited for us to leave and have a million great experiences! And a little part of me likes to pretend that this blog is dedicated to me. Anyways, I like your blog. It is all artsy and cool. What is the 565 business though?

    ReplyDelete