Saturday, November 7

Bruno.

Marta is the kind of woman you’d want to have as your crazy grandma. The one everyone is scared of at first but ends up loving. I’ve decided she’s the official “crazy grandma” of our building.


Thus, Bruno entered my life. He’s 9 years old and lives on the floor below us. Marta and his mom are friends and talk to each other from their windows every night - it’s hilarious. I met Bruno a few weeks back when I came home early one day and caught him hanging out with Marta. He instantly got nervous and shy though so he left moments after my arrival.


Wendy Fact: I’m an awkward person and I thrive on awkward situations. Because of this for the past month I’ve been waving and getting super excited every time I saw him. In our building, at the local kiosk, on the street... Every time he would shyly look away and dismiss my presence.


Well folks, on Thursday, I won.


Morgan came over for dinner and we ran into Bruno on the street. I freaked out like usual and then he came over to see Marta. While Morgan and I were in my room he kept peering around the corner and watching us until I finally got him to come in and hang out with us. After a few minutes we got him to break out of his shell. It was all downhill from there. We spent the next two hours eating, laughing and best of all: practicing English.

No comments:

Post a Comment