Sunday, November 1

Canal Cinco Maraton 2009.

I ran my first 10K today.


It’s gonna be tough to live up to it too. When Lacey and I made our way down to the river for the starting line we instantly realized this run was going to be fun. Hundreds of people had gathered and were clapping along to the live bands. For the first time in a long time I felt like I belonged here too. We were all wearing our matching shirts and I finally wasn’t “the girl from the US.”


Until some guy asked me to take his picture. Struggle.


Now for a play-by-play of the race. It started awesome, everyone counted down and was cheering like it was New Years. Then, the battle began. We ran. And ran. And ran. There were a few hiccups when people attempted to direct me in Spanish while I was bumpin’ to English music but I stuck with the old guys and tried to blend in.


At about the 7K mark we got to run through a tunnel. I am naturally a tunnel lover so running through one was even more special for me. While we were going through people started shouting and really took advantage of the echo factor. I chuckled. At this point I was still running. Then the thunder started. By the time I exited the tunnel it was downpour status. I was drenched within seconds but it was so amazing. At one point or another I finished this race too.


En fin. Canal Cinco Maraton was an awesome success.

No comments:

Post a Comment