After over 24 hours worth of flying, busing and time-changing I finally arrived in Rosario around 3 o'clock today. At the Houston airport a bunch of us from the program were able to meet up and fly together which was a big stress relief and it was neat getting to know different students in the program. After a 10 hour flight we arrived in Buenos Aires we were shocked at how welcoming and relaxed everyone was. Customs was breeze and they even let us skip the bag searches. We then had a four hour bus ride to our hotel in Rosario. Upon first impression Argentina has a lot of resemblances to Mexico. I did notice a few irregularities though: A 16 lane highway, cars parked under trees on highway shoulders and dozens of horses near the highways - one was even spotted hauling a fridge.
We got to shower at our hotel which was nothing short of amazing after so much traveling. Then tonight we had our fiesta and got to mingle with the professors and eat some delicious foods. Tomorrow is orientation day at the university as well as placement exam day. We'll also be meeting our host families tomorrow night. Exciting!
The picture above is the view from my hotel room at night. I don't know when I'll have internet again but I'll try to keep you all updated about life in the southern hemisphere. Toodles!

It all sounds splendid so far! Glad to hear you made it safely and were able to mix and mingle already. I thought LA had large highways- I bet it's nothing compared to that 16 lane highway! Have fun meeting your host mom/family and keep the blog world posted on your endeavors!
ReplyDelete