Firstly, I realize that some of you - okay probably only one of you [Wes] - might care what my daily school routine is like. Get excited! It’s super fascinating, except not. Here we go... Every morning I shower and then have breakfast with Marta. This meal typically consists of toast and coffee for the “cold” days. When it’s “hot” outside I get to have cereal - I LOVE these days. After breakfast I bus it to school and start classes around 10 AM.
I’m taking 4 classes: Spanish Grammar & Conversation, Human Rights and Che’s Roads. Spanish classes are... spanish classes. Today in my Conversation class we went to the grocery store and then made Pinonos! My Human Rights class is fairly generic and watered down compared to IHS, but we go on field trips so I can’t complain. While it is entirely in spanish, my class on Che Guevara is by far my favorite and most challenging. We read and discuss the original texts of his diaries and today we’re even watching Motorcycle Diaries! His face is spray painted throughout the city and everyone has an opinion about him. Learning about Che in his birth-city is probably one of the coolest things I’ve done in awhile.
I finish classes around 7:30 PM and then bus home. At which point I bust out some homework and Marta begins making dinner. We eat around 9 PM, which is early, and then talk for a hour or so. Dinners are very unpredictable but always tasty. Last night I got to have fresh corn on the cob. Score! After dinner I do homework, read and sleep. Right, there you have it a day in the life of Wendy.
On another note: Last night while consuming my corn on the cob Marta and I had a brilliant conversation - I think. We covered all of my interests, and all the Bryant family interests too: Che, Castro, Hitler, Volkswagens, old cars, jobs and work ethic. It was just like family dinner, except in spanish, and in Argentina, and with a crazy little blonde woman. As for the mysterious disappearing vehicle she said two young men took it to restore it.
One more thing. Monday is the first day of spring so we don’t have classes - seriously, it’s actually called the Day of the Students - this means extended weekend, which means traveling. So tonight at 2 AM, which is technically tomorrow, Lacey, Morgan, Nicki and I are jumping on a bus and going to Cordoba. Ah. The first adventure.

No comments:
Post a Comment