Tuesday, September 8

Mi Marta.

Last night I moved to a new house. It was crazy awkward having to explain to why I was leaving to Alicia, my old host mom, but I survived and made it to my new home. Now I live a few blocks from the river but 20+ blocks from school so I get to be adventurous and figure out the bus system. I'm not gonna lie, I miss being so close to school and the Parque de Independencia but it's worth it.

My new mom, Marta, has two older sons and 3 grandkids. She takes care of them during the day and they come over for dinner on the weekends. The neighbor across the hall from us has two younger kids as well who are adorable. I'm really excited to get to know them and attempt to interact with them. Marta doesn't know any English so that's been a challenge of course but I'm really good at nodding and agreeing with her.

My new address, for the third time:

Mendoza 379 2 D
2000 Rosario, Santa Fe
Argentina

3 comments:

  1. Wendy! This is Nancy,(Sarah's mom),and I just wanted to let you know I am following your many adventures so far! Glad to know you seem to have a better host home. Sounds like you will get a lot of full immersion experience with the language in Marta's family setting.
    Be safe and "via con Dios"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm glad to know someone's reading all my mumbo-jumbo. Life with Marta has been a lot better so far so I'm optimistic for the rest of my time here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Howdee! This be your one and only (er, at least until Wes gets married) incredibly awesome sister (in law) :o) I'm following your adventures too!

    ReplyDelete