Tuesday, September 15

Mindless Rambling.

Life with Marta is going well. She’s helping me a lot with my spanish and is incredibly patient with me while I sit and conjugate verbs in my head. I wish I understood everything she said though. I can often see in her eyes that she’s telling me something important and meaningful to her but I can only catch the gist of it, at best. There are a lot of moments when she stares at me waiting for my response when I didn’t even know she asked a question. I’m excited for the day when I’m better at spanish and can have her repeat all her stories to me.


While I’m bragging about Marta I should include some examples of how sweet she is so you can get to know her better. She puts left over food in a clean plastic bag before she puts it in the trash to “dumpster divers” can have a clean meal. Every night she also takes food to our neighbor across the hall because she can’t cook - I didn’t catch why though. I got in the elevator the other day and a woman got in a few floors after me. It was quickly obvious that I couldn’t keep up with her spanish. When I told her which floor I lived on she instantly knew who I was living with and why I was here. She couldn’t stop raving about Marta and how sweet she is.


Also, for those of you who are interested in pictures - visual proof that I’m still alive and consuming way too much meat and bread - I’ve posted a link to the left that connects to my Facebook photo album. Hopefully it works.


Unrelated fact: I think I might be back in the states just in time for the WOU Holiday Tree lighting - all you Monmouth-ites know how much I am obsessed with it. Needless to say, I about pee’d my pants when I discovered this.

No comments:

Post a Comment