Thursday, September 10

Recycling.


Yesterday I wore my last pair of clean underwear.

Fortunately, us Bryants are experts at recycling, especially clothes. If I understood her correctly, Marta is taking my laundry to be washed right at this very moment. Unfortunately it takes them a day to do it so it looks like I have another day of.. recycling to do.

It's been cold here lately. By cold I mean 50 degrees, which I know most Oregonians would say that isn't actually cold, but rest assured - it is frigid when the only clothes you have are spring time clothes.

I'm also learning the art of taking the bus. They really show no mercy. I literally step off onto the pavement and it's already moving down the street. It also doesn't help that the entire bus stares at me as soon as I get on. I'm really a freak of nature down here: blue eyes, short red hair and WHITE skin.

Last night I ran for the first time since the Hood to Coast. I went to the gym with some of my friends, and well, I think I'm made for the streets. You really haven't lived until you've ran on a treadmill set to the metric system and in Spanish. It's great fun. Then of course the one I was on sounded like a train wreck if I went above 6 kilometers per hour. This led to me going for a brisk walk for about an hour. It was embarrassing.

Finally, for all you soccer fans Argentina played Paraguay last night. We lost, again. No bueno.

2 comments:

  1. Sick, sick, SICK. I can't believe you are doing that. Although, if I don't do laundry today, I'll be sorry tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Anna, I did it. And I was prepare to go for day three today but Marta is amazing and went to the laundry place to get my clothes for me. So when I got out of the shower I had fresh panties - Ha! - on my bed. Whoot!

    ReplyDelete