Sunday, September 27

Urgencias.

Last night was a fun experience for me. After a day of the Argentine BRAT diet - which consists of lots of white rice, cheese and cranberry sauce? - I still was feeling horrible and my head was on the verge of exploding. Marta then insisted that she take my temperature. She approached me with the thermometer and I instantly realized it was not my usual mouth thermometer. It's safe to say that I began questioning where she was intending to put it... Turns out it was the armpit. She informed me I was 38 degrees Celsius, for all I knew that meant it was nearly time to start snowing. Evidently it was bad enough for her to call the program director and then the doctor.

Next thing I know the doctor was grilling me about how I was feeling. Luckily Marta knew my symptoms so I didn't have to speak much. About an hour after the doctor left my antibiotics for my tonsils were delivered to our apartment. Pharmacies that deliver, and on Saturday nights. We need that in the states. Today I'm feeling much better though. I'm still on house-arrest and spend most of my time sleeping but it's raining here so it's perfect sick weather.

PS. Bryant males: Check out the new pictures in my Rosario album. The car mystery continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment