I know you’re all probably surrounded by chilly, rainy weather but I want you all to take a moment and remember the heat, the misery and the sweat we experienced this summer. The week when your clothes became glued to your body the moment you sat down [especially in Volkswagens]. The week when fan custodial rights were debated. The week of horrid hotness.
Now imagine that heat and throw in massive amounts of humidity. Doesn’t that sound peachy? This my friends has been life in Rosario these past few days.
Hot.
Humid.
Hyenas.*
Friday may very well have been the peak of the heat thus far, it was also the day of our Gaucho Party! None of us actually understood what that meant until we finally experienced it. We were driven an hour and a half outside of Rosario into the countryside. There we took over someone’s ranch, had a massive asado** and enjoyed being in nature again. I love moments when I get the opportunity to reconnect with green rolling hills, fresh air and serenity. Every moment was surreal for me: Hanging out in the Argentine countryside, on a hot spring day, the day before Halloween. I don’t do that very often.
All in all this day was very enjoyable for me. Except when I produced 2 liters of sweat. Or when I walked into our inferno apartment and Marta informed me the water was out.
Fun Fact: Tomorrow (Sunday) Lacey and I are running in a 10K race. Why? Because we get shirts.
*Hyenas weren’t actually involved - although we did talk about them in my Che class the other day... But really I just needed a third “H” word.
** Think of a BBQ, except better, and Argentine.

Sounds just like a day in Texas ... hot, humid, sweaty .... what FUN!
ReplyDelete