Saturday, October 17

Bruises and Baileys.

Get out the record books kids, October 16th is going down in history.


I unsuspectingly began my day with a bang - literally. The water in my building was being shut off for maintenance in the late morning so I had to shower early which left me with an awkward chunk of time before I went to the elementary school. I decided to go to the local cafe, get some coffee and read my bible. I also decided to take the stairs since I only live on the second level and am feeling pretty gorda lately.


Don’t be deceived though, this was a bad choice on my part. I was half a flight from the bottom when all you-know-what broke lose. My flip-flops slipped, I ate it and slid down the entire flight. As if that wasn’t bad enough a woman from my building witnessed the entire thing - check out the foreigner flying down the stairs. Go me. I had no choice but to forget the pain, laugh and pretend like I didn’t feel a thing. Ha. Tell that to the black and purple bruise on my toosh.


I’d tell you the other details of my day but they’re pretty boring compared to what I did that night. Lacey, Morgan, Skylar and I went out to get a late night coffee. We headed to Oh Carol’s [Katelyn shout-out!] for the first time and instantly fell in love with the atmosphere. A sort of Hollywood glam mixed with 50’s diner, if you ask me. What happens when friends get together to talk about relationships in a Hollywood bar while living in Rosario, Argentina? Baileys Milkshakes.


That’s right folks. On October 16th, 2009 Wendy Marie Bryant lost her alcohol virginity. Don’t worry though, I made sure to specifically ask for more ice cream and less alcohol because ice cream is obviously more important. The verdict? I still don’t understand why, or how, people drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment