Friday, October 2

Jo Bros.

Yesterday I went to the orphanage. I noticed one of the girls drawing and writing a lot so I asked her what it was for... The Jonas Brothers. It took me a few minutes before I decided to divulge my secret connection to the brothers. Naturally, when they found out about Randy working for them they FREAKED OUT. Within about 10 minutes our crowd of girls had doubled and they were dying for information. It was all great fun.

Today I had three noteable experiences, two of which occured on buses. First, on my way to meet some classmates at the university. I was on my bus and was preparing to get off at my usual stop when the driver began yelling something and the entire bus stared at me. Panic. After a lot of chaos and not understanding a nice guy near me calmly and slowly explained things. Apparently there was a demonstration in the street [by demonstration I mean protesting by burning tires and paper] so we had to go around, thus my usual stop was not gonna happen.

I made it to school though and then the group of us went to volunteer at the elementary school. We served lunches to the students. It was insane but also a good experience. When we left the principal made sure to explain to us how big of an impact we were having on the students, and him, when it comes to US stereotypes.

The final adventure was our attempt to get back after volunteering. We took the same bus but forgot to go to its returning stop. This means we went an hour out of our way into an entirely different part of Rosario. At one point the driver even stopped to take his 10 minute break and we had to sit and wait on the bus. It was inconvenient but a good way to see the city, and learn about bus routes.

Tomorrow I'm leaving to spend the weekend in Buenos Aires. It'll be jam-packed full of stories I'm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment